At least 15 media personalities in Mbale have expressed interest to contest for various elective positions in the 2021 general elections.
1. Gold FM’s New signing Sam Wambuya for Industrial City Mayor.
2. OPG’s veteran Talkshow host and anchor Watundu Emma for city councillor Mbale city.
3. Big FM’s Abubakar Bin Siraji for City councillor.
4. IUIU’s Ashraf Ashaba Derick for National Youth Chairman for NRM.
5. OPG’s Paul Wakabenga for Maefe LC. V Councillor in Manafwa.
6. Step FM’s Julius Musungu for Butiru Town council mayor.
7. Elgon FM’s News Manager Emmanuel Egonda for LC. V Buyende Town council.
8. Bwayo Emmah for Namisindwa District MaleYouth Councillor.
9. BCU’s Manana Vinket for LC. V councillor Bukyabo in Sironko.
10. Elgon FM’s Rash Musoke Lufutu for LC. V Councillor Magale Town Council.
11. OPG’s Main Correspondent Andrew Nakhaboya for LC. V Kushu Town council Bududa.
12. Fab K Yusuf for Mbale City slot.
13. Big FM’s Mubarak Nambogo for Namutumba TC LC. V councillor.
14. Weere kungu for Himuntu LC. V councillor in Butaleja district.
15. BCU’s John Kennedy Wasikye for EALA MP
In 2015, Simon Butsatsa won the Manafwa District NRM Youth Chairman slot, Julius Musungu and Emma Bwayo won Youth league slots for Butiru and Namabya sub counties respectively